Kissner is a major salt and packaged ice melt manufacturer supplying a wide range of high-quality products. Established over 130 years ago, Kissner has evolved to become a trusted market leader known for providing reliable service to an impressive list of clientele throughout North America. We are usually looking for seasonal employees during our busy season from October through March, but we also have many year-round positions. We employ from between 225 and 275 employees who mine, warehouse, and package salt. We have a variety of hourly plant, office, and mine positions in various locations. The Kissner Group includes:
- Kissner USA Holdings Corporate Office in Overland Park, Kansas – U.S.A.
- Kissner Milling Company Bagging Plant in Tillsonburg, Ontario – Canada
- Kissner Milling Company Offices in Cambridge, Ontario – Canada
- Lyons Salt Company mine and warehouse in Lyons, Kansas – U.S.A.
- Detroit Salt Company mine and bagging plant in Detroit, MI – U.S.A.
- Rail Logistics Operation in Fort Wayne, Indiana – U.S.A.
- Magco Bagging Plant in New Castle, Delaware – U.S.A.
In the U.S., we offer a competitive benefits package, which may include (varies on location):
100% Employer Paid (depending on location)
- Holiday Pay
- Health Reimbursement/Savings Accounts
- Short-term Disability coverage
- Long-term Disability coverage
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Healthcare Concierge Service
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement with company match
- Web/Telephone Medical Services
In Canada, we offer a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Extended Health Care – Paramedical
- Prescription Coverage
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee Life & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
To search current openings and apply online for current openings, please click here:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
We conduct pre-employment drug screens (in the U.S.) and background checks.